Become a Fan!

Educate-2-Liberate on Facebook

Share

Share/Bookmark

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Blogs That Rock My Socks!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Inspiration & Purpose

Previously, I have pondered how childbirth got such a bad reputation. Especially, the recent post I read about ten reasons why childbirth is scary. I posted a comment about the ten reasons why it is not scary and forgot to copy it to my word document before posting it and I am patiently awaiting for the comment “approval” by a moderator. It has been about an hour and still nothing. I hope they allow it. I don’t see why they wouldn’t approve it. I didn’t use any foul language (surprisingly), nor was I rude to anyone. I was going to make that my blog, but I don’t feel like writing it all again (it is late).

Well, it still isn’t up so forget it. Instead, I would like to talk about the fact that I have inspired someone. ::heart melts and tears up:: I hope that I inspire many, but a friend of mine confronted me today. She said she had read my blog and it had really upset her. At that point I felt horrible. I don’t ever mean to hurt anyone’s feelings. She went on to tell me that it was an upset in a good way and I have inspired her. She now has taken up blogging (again) and thanked me. She said, “You will never know how much you helped me feel better as a parent.” It brought tears to my eyes and butterflies to my tummy as I read her blog post. I know for sure that I have at least inspired one, but I hope that I inspire many. I feel like I am accomplishing what I set out to do in the first place: One blog and one day at a time.

I feel so overwhelmed because I have so many ideas and things racing through my head. If I just sat and let my whole thought process out (in a word document), it would probably take me weeks to write everything down. I sometimes wish I were Samantha on Bewitched. I wish I were able to twinkle my nose and make the world a better place. There would be so many things that I would change. Soon I will twinkle my way through this world, one issue at a time.

On another happy note, I recently found out a girlfriend (more of an acquaintance) of mine is pregnant. I am going to meet up with her and let her dig into my library of information I have stored in my head. I offered to be her doula free of charge because I will need three births in order to receive my certification. I hope she takes me up on the offer. I also hope that after reviewing all of the information, that she will make good decisions and go the natural childbirth route. I am praying even!

Well, as soon as that damn comment is posted I will post it on here – along with link to the original post. I found what I typed up pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I will be so heartbroken if they do not post it. Until tomorrow… peace & love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment